A Better Way to Demonstrate the Value of Your Digital Property
As more marketing dollars are spent online, media owners are under more pressure to demonstrate the effectiveness of their digital properties. Live|Stream has been designed to meet the needs of media owners. It provides accurate, comprehensive campaign evaluation data for ad sales – without disrupting the experience of visitors to your websites.
Going beyond the pop-up
At the heart of great media effectiveness research is finding people in the advertiser's target audience who have/have not been exposed to a campaign on your digital property. Traditionally, pop-up surveys have been used for this purpose…but with negative consequences for both the consumer and your site. Pop-ups, by the nature of their design and implementation, disrupt the consumer's online experience, thus diminishing what you're trying to build – engagement.
Proponents of pop-up surveys insist that it is difficult to find consumers exposed to your digital assets – thereby justifying the use of intrusive recruitment techniques. This is not the case. The fact is that finding people exposed to your digital assets is easy. The hard part is getting them to take a survey, at a particular point in time, after their online experience has been completely interrupted.
Ipsos MediaCT's Live|Stream technology eliminates these problems by passively recruiting individuals who have been exposed to your digital assets. The end of the pop-up survey has come!
Benefits for you, your visitors and your advertisers
Live|Stream benefits all stakeholders:
- Non-disruptive for visitors. Live|Stream identifies and attracts sample naturally, eliminating pop-up or other in-site/in-ad recruitment.
- Less research related ad load on your site. Easy to implement, Live|Stream uses currently available "tagging" technology. Passive tracking tags can simplify the research approval process.
- Faster results for your advertisers. Live|Stream finds the people you want to talk to, quickly and efficiently.
- Higher quality sample that reflects the advertiser's target – not just anyone who decides to click on the pop-up invitation. Higher completion rates reduce non-response bias.
- Comprehensive brand and ad metrics to fully understand how the campaign is helping to meet the advertiser's communications objectives and why.
Additional Live|Stream applications include:
- Site audience profiling and usability tests
- Cross-platform effectiveness
- Campaign tracking
- Adding digital metrics to Ipsos custom and syndicated tracking programs
Multiple sample sources, one smart solution
The key to fielding a successful media effectiveness study is recruiting a high quality sample of people who have/have not been exposed to a digital campaign.
Live|Stream accomplishes this by leveraging Ipsos MediaCT's multisourced* online sample community of over 50 million U.S. consumers, and taking advantage of smart "routing" technology.
Live|Stream studies begin with tagging the digital creative you're looking to measure. When consumers navigate your site they are exposed and "tagged" but not surveyed. When consumers from our online community opt-in to take a survey with Ipsos we are able to read these tags using our Live|Stream technology – knowing exactly when and how frequently they were exposed to the digital assets. Individuals who were exposed to the digital assets become the Test (exposed) group.
Individuals who visited your site, but were not exposed to the assets, become the Control (unexposed). When analyzing the results from your study we look for positive differences between Test and Control group responses, on key brand measures, that can only be attributable to campaign exposure. Because we also pre-screen respondents to match the demographics of the campaign's target audience, the results reflect the opinions of consumers who mean the most to your client.