New York, NY - Procter & Gamble Professional commissioned Ipsos Public Affairs to conduct a national survey among managers of cleaning operations from several industries with the objective of exploring their perceptions, attitudes and behaviors about their business and how they are adapting to the challenges brought on by the current economic climate.
The full presentation can be downloaded on the right.
- Decision-makers are feeling the pressure from the economic climate and are responding accordingly: most feel they have been effective at keeping their operating costs down over the last 12 months. Their businesses have cut back in a number of areas, including stocking of office supplies, staff perks and benefits, inventory, and resources.
- Finding ways to become more efficient is the preferred course of action to improve the bottom line. A majority feel their business is somewhat efficient but there remains some room for improvement, with only one in four rating themselves as extremely efficient with their cleaning operations.
- Ultimately, the most important business factors are to keep current customers happy, attract new customers and remain vigilant with efficient use of current resources.
- Operations are doing more with less by relying heavily on fewer staff resources and using more efficient, multiuse cleaning products.
- Maintaining top quality work and employee turnover are among the biggest challenges of managing a cleaning staff, which also feed into concerns with training. Most agree that employers are responsible for training the cleaning staff, with one-on-one and on-the-job training as the most effective means of training. The challenges of effective cleaning-related training are more difficult to pinpoint, as decision-makers across four sectors are concerned about the cost of training, the loss of work productivity, language differences, and the availability of qualified training.
- Respondents are looking for product performance and price when making a decision about purchasing cleaning products, defining value by product quality and versatility of use. Getting the job done the first time is the most important factor in assessing quality.
For more information please contact:
Julio C Franco
Senior Research Manager
Ipsos Public Affairs
New York, NY
About Ipsos Public Affairs
Ipsos Public Affairs is a non-partisan, objective, survey-based research practice made up of seasoned professionals. We conduct strategic research initiatives for a diverse number of American and international organizations, based not only on public opinion research, but elite stakeholder, corporate, and media opinion research.
Ipsos has media partnerships with the most prestigious news organizations around the world. In the U.S., UK and internationally, Ipsos Public Affairs is the media polling supplier to Reuters News, the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals, and the Hispanic polling partner of Telemundo Communications Group, a division of NBC Universal providing Spanish-language content to U.S. Hispanics and audiences around the world.
Ipsos Public Affairs is a member of the Ipsos Group, a leading global survey-based market research company. We provide boutique-style customer service and work closely with our clients, while also undertaking global research.
To learn more visit: www.ipsos-na.com
Ipsos is a leading global survey-based market research company, owned and managed by research professionals that helps interpret, simulate, and anticipate the needs and responses of consumers, customers, and citizens around the world. Member companies assess market potential and interpret market trends to develop and test emergent or existing products or services, and build brands. They also test advertising and study audience responses to various media, and measure public opinion around the globe.
They help clients create long-term relationships with their customers, stakeholders or other constituencies. Ipsos member companies offer expertise in advertising, customer loyalty, marketing, media, and public affairs research, as well as forecasting, modeling, and consulting and offers a full line of custom, syndicated, omnibus, panel, and online research products and services, guided by industry experts and bolstered by advanced analytics and methodologies. The company was founded in 1975 and has been publicly traded since 1999. In 2010, Ipsos generated global revenues of €1.140 billion ($1.6 billion U.S.).
Visit www.ipsos-na.com to learn more about Ipsos offerings and capabilities.