Online Marketing Specialist – Vancouver, BC
Job Level: Intermediate Level
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
At Ipsos, we make market research work. We know numbers. We understand people. And we succeed in delivering results. That’s why so many of the world’s leading brands and organizations look to us for their research needs.
Operating in over 80 countries, we’re a global leader in survey-based market research and one of the fastest-growing and most successful firms in the business. Our research focuses on five areas of specialty – advertising, marketing, public opinion, loyalty, and media – and our work focuses on our people and our clients.
Ipsos’ marketing department is a collection of dynamic professionals with expertise ranging from writing and editorial services, database and direct marketing, print and production, as well as web design and development. The Online Marketing Specialist will be reporting to the marketing department Director, this diverse marketing role is ideal for a driven marketing candidate interested in advancing their CRM skills while also taking on various B2B direct marketing, email marketing and social media responsibilities.
Online Marketing Specialist – Vancouver, BC
- Overall, manage the company’s client and media database with ongoing responsibilities to include routine database maintenance, data migration, data entry, running metadata and other statistical reports, as well as assisting with data quality & hygiene initiatives
- Act as the CRM point person for the company, which will require the training of new Maximizer users within the company, provide ongoing support to all users, and monitor data entry to ensure company standards are adhered to.
- Database diagnostic reporting and troubleshooting, working with users and IT to resolve issues.
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing in the creation and retrieval of direct marketing and email campaign lists, as well as issue targeted campaigns as needed.
- Assume full responsibility over the maintenance and management of Ipsos' media database with ongoing duties to include:
- researching new media contacts for entry into the database and mining specific media target lists
- proofing and posting press releases to the Ipsos News Centre, and issuing executive level notifications prior to distribution
- distributing media alerts and following up with media inquiries, monitoring earned media and/or pitching press release stories
- Manage and promote Ipsos’ social media properties including Twitter and LinkedIn
- Assist with other marketing initiatives such as:
- Coordination of Ipsos corporate subscriptions, memberships and advertising
- News Centre subscription, invoicing and troubleshooting / support
- Handle Ipsos 1-888 Info line and incoming email enquiries
- Webinar support, training and hosting
- Minimum Diploma level education in Marketing/Communications, ideally with a focus on database and direct marketing; exposure to Public Relations an advantage
- Proficient in MS Office with intermediate level Excel and strong keyboarding skills
- Experience using databases; Access and Maximizer an advantage
- Editing and proofing abilities, excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional client service focus with the ability to confidently deal with media contacts and senior level management
- Strong communication skills and relationship-building abilities
Ipsos Makes a Difference
Our people see to that. We attract the best talent and serve the best clients. Ipsos offers a dynamic work environment where your talents are nurtured and your skills are enriched. We encourage initiative, innovation and risk-taking to further develop our business and our people. We are enthusiastic, confident and results oriented which is why our clients come to us. That’s what makes us proud to be Ipsos.
How to Apply
Interested in joining a premier organization committed to satisfying our clients beyond their expectations? Please submit a detailed resume that demonstrates you have the experience and abilities we are seeking by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
Ipsos is committed to equity in employment and in providing a workplace environment that treats all employees with respect and dignity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all staff and applicants.
We thank all applicants; however only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
- Are you legally entitled to work in Canada ongoing without sponsorship?