Account Manager - Cincinnati REQ# 4729
Job Level: Intermediate Level
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Are you interested in working on a dedicated research team for the largest CPG company in the world?
At Ipsos, we make market research work. We know numbers. We understand people. And we succeed in delivering results. That’s why so many of the world’s leading brands and organizations look to us for their research needs.
Operating in over 80 countries, we’re a global leader in survey-based market research and one of the fastest-growing and most successful firms in the business. Our research focuses on five areas of specialty – advertising, marketing, public opinion, loyalty, and media – and our work focuses on our people and our clients.
Sound like the right place for your career? Share our passion. Share our success. And join us in being proud to be Ipsos.
Account Manager – Cincinnati
The Ipsos Marketing Account Manager (AM) is responsible for client engagement, research planning and design, data analysis/ results presentations, and proposals/pricing. The Account Manager collaborates with clients to understand key business issues/needs and then makes actionable recommendations on optimal design, execution and analysis.
Developing superior client relationships which result in exceptional client satisfaction and mutual business growth. Accountable for client leadership on critical business and research issues on custom research (both domestic and global), including equity research, foundational/habits and practices, innovation research, product testing, package testing, price testing, segmentation, etc. at varying stages.
- Provides strategic consultation to help client understand the research questions/methodologies to address key business challenges
- Seeks to understand how research fits into broader category/brand growth plans
- Leads the client to a better design despite possible push-back
- Exercises strong leadership skills in interactions with clients
- Builds strong relationships with clients and leverages category/brand expertise to influence client’s thinking on research design, insights and implications, as well as overall business decision making
- Identifies opportunities to deliver a more holistic solution via integrating a myriad of relevant knowledge sources
Research Planning and Design
- Responsible for developing appropriate research specifications including sample design, methodology, base size requirements and incidences, questionnaire outline, and Analysis Plan development
- Provides direction to the Research Management team (RMT) on overall project objectives/background to enable project success and flawless execution
- Provides overall study specifications and outline of questions to RMT to enable smooth execution, smart questionnaire development and efficient Tab Plan completion
- Assists with coaching and development of 1-2 Project Directors
- Provides input to performance assessment and provides ongoing career development support
- Analyzes and communicates the data to create conclusions and recommendations from the data results based on the client’s needs and business
- Works with Marketing Sciences to develop the Analytic Plan (where needed)
- Accountable for delivering high quality output---on time with no errors
- Creates high-impact, visually appealing and engaging end deliverables
- Integrates multiple sources of data for telling the story and delivering a Call to Action to the client
- Presents compelling insights to clients in a way that evokes confidence, expertise and translates complicated insights into actionable items
- Provides strategic direction on addressing business challenges
- Delivers client presentations as needed
- Responsible for managing the overall project profitability
- Manages all aspects of pricing and profitability
- Delivers business results measured against Team Revenue goals
- Identifies unmet needs and appropriate solutions to move the business ahead internally and externally
- Builds strong relationships with internal business partners
- Responds to internal questions/inquiries in a timely manner
- Participates in office activities to build capabilities/training
- Engages with Team Leaders with high level clients, new clients, more strategic/complex/unique designs; provides input to the Strategic Account Plan development
Ideal Candidate has the following Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required with a minimum of five (5) years of Custom Market Research experience
- Prior client service experience a must
- Significant working knowledge of quantitative market research
- Competent with data and basic statistical understanding. A base knowledge of qualitative research is required.
- Ability to oversee and direct multiple projects
- Superior people management and people development skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to include effective negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
Ipsos Makes a Difference
Our people see to that. We attract the best talent and serve the best clients. Ipsos offers a dynamic work environment where your talents are nurtured and your skills are enriched. We encourage initiative, innovation and risk-taking to further develop our business and our people. We are enthusiastic, confident and results oriented which is why our clients come to us. That’s what makes us proud to be Ipsos.
How to Apply
Interested in joining a premier organization committed to satisfying our clients beyond their expectations? Please submit a detailed resume that demonstrates you have the experience and abilities we are seeking online to www.ipsos-na.com\careers
Ipsos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants; however only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
- Do you require sponsorship to work in the United States?