Senior Research Manager, MediaCT - Manhattan
Job Level: Intermediate Level
Location: Manhattan, New York
At Ipsos, we make market research work. We know numbers. We understand people. And we succeed in delivering results. That’s why so many of the world’s leading brands and organizations look to us for their research needs.
Operating in over 80 countries, we’re a global leader in survey-based market research and one of the fastest-growing and most successful firms in the business. Our research focuses on five areas of specialty – advertising, marketing, public opinion, loyalty, and media – and our work focuses on our people and our clients.
Sound like the right place for your career? Share our passion. Share our success. And join us in being proud to be Ipsos.
The Media, Content & Technology Research Specialists
The media, content and technology experts at Ipsos research market trends and global technology behaviors in order to provide our Fortune 500 partners with robust, data-driven recommendations on how to succeed in this exciting, evolving marketplace. Our research addresses fundamental business issues, often visible at the highest enterprise level, with particular emphasis on market assessment, innovation and new product development, marketing, and brand management.
Position: Senior Research Manager, MediaCT - Manhattan
The person in this role is responsible forday-to-day research project management, including but not limited to: client and operation support team contact and coordination; project and survey development; quality control of programming, data, and report deliverables; report creation, data input and analysis.
- Candidate will work independently to manage research studies with operations, support groups and outside vendors
- Candidate will not be directly responsible for day to day client management but will be involved and ensure client questions are being addressed
- Candidate will work with junior staff to assure survey and project accuracy as well as provide training, guidance and support
Candidate should be a self-starter and organized, outgoing and capable of delivering tangible results in a fast paced and creative environment. The Senior Research Manager must be highly detail-oriented but also able to step back and convey the broad analytical picture.
- Minimum 5-8 years full service research experience
- Applicant should possess proven project and client management skills and be able to independently manage projects
- An understanding of marketing, advertising and online research from the supplier perspective is essential
- Applicant must have strong written, phone and in-person communication skills, and must present themselves professionally in front of high-level clients
- Using minimal guidance from the client, candidate should be able to compose from scratch creative, comprehensive, logical and well-written surveys
- Applicant should possess flexibility and flair to cope with rapidly changing methodologies, approaches and newly implemented tools. Applicant must have the time and priority management skills to be manage multiple projects, tight timelines and strict deadlines
- Must have thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of SPSS (or comparable statistical package) necessary
- Drafting of custom questionnaires
- Ensuring the accuracy of programmed surveys
- Monitoring field progress (in collaboration with sample department)
- Panel management/Ensuring representativeness (in collaboration with sample department)
- Coordinating with internal operations teams
- Coordinating involvement of internal global teams as needed
- Drafting data specifications and ensuring data accuracy
- Manipulating date files (running frequencies, cross-tabs, etc.)
- Designing research strategy and report drafts
- Working with senior management to draft new business proposals
How to Apply
Interested in joining a premier organization committed to satisfying our clients beyond their expectations? Please submit a detailed resume that demonstrates you have the experience and abilities we are seeking "by clicking the 'Apply Now' button below".
Ipsos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants; however only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
- Do you require sponsorship to work in the United States?