Director or VP Marketing Science-Los Angeles REQ#4298
Job Level: Director/Associate Vice President
Location: Los Angeles, California
At Ipsos, we make market research work. We know numbers. We understand people. And we succeed in delivering results. That’s why so many of the world’s leading brands and organizations look to us for their research needs.
Operating in over 80 countries, we’re a global leader in survey-based market research and one of the fastest-growing and most successful firms in the business. Our research focuses on five areas of specialty – advertising, marketing, public opinion, loyalty, and media – and our work focuses on our people and our clients.
Sound like the right place for your career? Share our passion. Share our success. And join us in being proud to be Ipsos.
Director or VP
This is not a typical marketing science position. This is a high profile, senior position, with exposure to the highest levels within Ipsos and to our most important clients. The primary focus of this job will be innovation R&D with a concentration on creating new marketing models, methodologies and approaches. We seek a visionary leader and change agent with the ability to innovate and establish new capabilities and develop relevant insights with marketing science.
We’re looking to add a high energy scientist with a diverse methodological/technical skill set and a thirst to push boundaries and create. The ideal candidate will also have strong independent project management skills, and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision and direction.
To be successful you will also be expected to stay abreast of new data analysis techniques, modeling approaches and applications from related scientific disciplines.
- Strong background in research design (evaluating a problem and developing methods to address the problem via a combination of technical knowledge and creative thinking).
- Familiarity with common research methods and social science models, machine learning, large data set manipulation, and simulation development.
- Technical skills in scientific programming languages (R, SQL, Python, C++, Mathematica, Matlab) and coding, with flexibility and willingness to develop new skills as projects require.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate complex ideas to a non-technical audience
Ideal Candidate has the following Skills and Experience
- 5+years of solid appliend social science, strategy and leadership experience focused on a variety of industries.
- We require strong analytic capabilities with a relentless focus on the causal application of research.
- Interest and/or experience in behaviorial consumer research as well as a degree in mathematics, natural sciences, social sciences, computer science/artificial intelligence, or a related quantitative field (Masters strongly preferred, ideal candidate holds a Ph.D.)
Ipsos Makes a Difference
Our people see to that. We attract the best talent and serve the best clients. Ipsos offers a dynamic work environment where your talents are nurtured and your skills are enriched. We encourage initiative, innovation and risk-taking to further develop our business and our people. We are enthusiastic, confident and results oriented which is why our clients come to us. That’s what makes us proud to be Ipsos.
How to Apply
Interested in joining a premier organization committed to satisfying our clients beyond their expectations? Please submit a detailed resume that demonstrates you have the experience and abilities we are seeking "by clicking the 'Apply Now' button below".
Ipsos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants; however only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
- Do you require sponsorship to work in the United States?