Senior Print Production Specialist-Vancouver
Job Level: Intermediate Level
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Ipsos is a leading global provider of advertising, marketing, public opinion, media, and customer satisfaction research. We are an independent company whose sole focus is survey-based market researchand the fastest growing company of its kind in the world.With over 20 locations in North America and with operations worldwide in more than 65 countries, the opportunities at Ipsos are unlimited! We have an immediate opportunity in our Vancouver, BC office for a:
Senior Print Production Specialist
Ipsos’ marketing department is a collection of 10 dynamic professionals with expertise and services ranging from writing and editorial services, database and direct marketing, design, print and production, as well as web design and maintenance. Reporting to the marketing department Director, the Print Production Specialist is primarily responsible for producing Ipsos’ printed materials, such as product sheets, corporate publications, magazine and newspaper ads, manuals, stationery, business cards, display stands, booth banners, and other signage. The Print Production Specialist will liaise regularly with the company’s master designer, writers and web team in order to produce materials of the highest quality.
- Responsible for producing a variety of marketing collateral, from layout and typesetting to production and prepress, in both print-ready and web-ready formats.
- Creating professional caliber charts and graphs for use in print and web properties.
- Dealing with printers to include print buying and performing press checks.
- Reviewing printer invoices and re-billing when needed.
- Maintaining project dockets, production file archives and online database to ensure team access to all materials.
- Applying and enforcing the company’s Corporate Identity Guideline for print properties.
- A minimum of 4 years related industry experience in a similar role, specifically as it relates to managing print projects: to include page layout, typography, pre-press, print buying and proofreading.
- The successful candidate will provide sample work displaying superior typesetting skills in both text and display composition.
- Possesses superior font recognition and understands proofreader marks.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, in particular proficiency with InDesign, is essential.
- Experience using QuarkXPress is a desired.
- Working knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat Pro is desired
- Knowledge of PowerPoint would be an asset but not essential
- Experience working with art directors or has exceptional team working skills and ability to collaborate with master designer, writers and web team to produce marketing materials.
- Strong organizational skills to take a project from concept to launch.
- Careful attention to detail as well as flexibility to adapt to changing business needs.
You are a motivated, proactive individual who genuinely is both self-directed and works well in a team environment.
Interested applicants may submit a detailed resume, as well as provide online portfolio information, that demonstrates you have the experience and abilities we are seeking "by clicking the 'Apply Now' button below".
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Are you legally entitled to work in Canada ongoing without sponsorship?