Qualitative Market Researchers (various levels) - Health/Pharma
Sub Category: Client Services
Job Level: Intermediate Level
Location: Multiple (Canada)
At Ipsos, we make market research work. We know numbers. We understand people. And we succeed in delivering results. That’s why so many of the world’s leading brands and organizations look to us for their research needs.
Operating in over 80 countries, we’re a global leader in survey-based market research and one of the fastest-growing and most successful firms in the business. Our research focuses on five areas of specialty – advertising, marketing, public opinion, loyalty, and media – and our work focuses on our people and our clients.
Sound like the right place for your career? Share our passion. Share our success. And join us in being proud to be Ipsos.
Ipsos Healthcare, a division of Ipsos Marketing, provides full-service custom research to prescription drug manufacturers as well as biotech and healthcare providers. We have strong partnerships with our clients and provide them with strategic insights based on excellent qualitative and quantitative market research and a wide range of unique proprietary methodologies. Our pharmaceutical and healthcare practice area maintains a focus on healthcare but provides tremendous diversity in terms of subject matter as well as target audience including the full range of healthcare professionals and the consumer perspective. Ipsos Health is the market leader in Canada. Based on continued growth, we have immediate opportunities in Canada for qualitative researchers at various levels. Ideally, you would be located in Toronto or Montreal, but we are open to candidates in other large metropolitan areas of Canada.
Our qualitative researchers in our Health group provide strategic insights to our clients in the delivery of research services. We seek seasoned market research professionals with qualitative research experience on the supplier side of market research. Past experience will include managing key market research projects. Experience working in the Pharmaceutical or a Health related industry is essential for this role and bilingual English/French skills would be a definite plus. Knowledge and experience in qualitative research techniques, interpretation and analysis of results and the ability to establish and nurture client relationships will be present in qualified candidates.
- Conducting qualitative research studies to provide the guidance needed to help our clients make better business decisions
- Focus Group moderation and conducting Depth Interviews with physicians, patients and other healthcare providers
- Proposal, Screener, Discussion Guide, and final report/client presentation development
- Delivering research design and methodological advice to our clients
- Project Coordination and implementation
- Analysis, presentation and interpretation of results
- Client relationship management, including responsibility for expanding the breadth of business within existing and new accounts through business development initiatives
- Will require regular travel throughout Canada and regular evening work, as well as occasional travel to the US for company meetings
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent related experience. An academic background in social science, pharmacy or public administration with an emphasis on health care and/or relevant experience in the pharmaceutical and health care sector
- Minimum of 5+ years of qualitative market research experience with a focus on the pharmaceutical/health care industry.
- Knowledge of Pharma/Healthcare industry trends and competitive landscape
- Bilingual – English and French a plus
- Experience conducting depth interviews (phone and face-to-face) and moderating focus groups consisting of physicians, patients, key opinion leaders, and other health care providers
- Experience developing research project proposals, discussion guides, post-research reports, presentations
- Ability to translate research findings into strategic marketing recommendations
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a strong client service orientation
- Highly motivated, self-directed & capable of working within tight deadlines
- The ambition, drive and determination to advance within Ipsos and take on increasingly levels of responsibility
- Team player with a strong collaboration orientation
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills in addition to well-developed interpersonal and presentation skills are necessary
- A good grasp of the healthcare system in Canada, and the ability to present yourself with credibility, knowledge and confidence to physicians and other healthcare professionals
Ipsos Makes a Difference
Our people see to that. We attract the best talent and serve the best clients. Ipsos offers a dynamic work environment where your talents are nurtured and your skills are enriched. We encourage initiative, innovation and risk-taking to further develop our business and our people. We are enthusiastic, confident and results oriented which is why our clients come to us. That’s what makes us proud to be Ipsos.
How to Apply
Interested in joining a premier organization committed to satisfying our clients beyond their expectations? Please submit a detailed resume that demonstrates you have the experience and abilities we are seeking by clicking on the "Apply Now" button below.
Ipsos is committed to equity in employment and in providing a workplace environment that treats all employees with respect and dignity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all staff and applicants.
We thank all applicants; however only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
- Are you willing to relocate?
- Are you legally entitled to work in Canada ongoing without sponsorship?