Senior Microsoft DBA
Sub Category: Development
Job Level: Intermediate Level
Location: Los Angeles, California
Is 100% of you looking to give 110%?
At Ipsos, we make market research work. We know numbers. We understand people. And we succeed in delivering results. That’s why so many of the world’s leading brands and organizations look to us for their research needs.
Operating in over 50 countries, we’re a global leader in survey-based market research and one of the fastest-growing and most successful firms in the business. Our research focuses on five areas of specialty – advertising, marketing, public opinion, loyalty, and media – and our work focuses on our people and our clients.
Sound like the right place for your career? Share our passion. Share our success. And join us in being proud to be Ipsos.
The Open Thinking Exchange is the innovation center of Ipsos, an independent company which ranks fifth among global research firms. Our mission: to challenge convention, take risks and use our collective intelligence in the service of our clients to foster innovation. We do so through knowledge, storytelling, new technology and collaborative platforms to make data and human insights more accessible, more understandable, more meaningful and more actionable for people across the globe.
Our growth has created an immediate need in our Culver City, CA location for a
Senior Microsoft DBA
As a Senior DBA you will be a significant contributor to software development for client facing products. You will also be a resource in administration and planning of current and future server environments.
- Monitor and tune SQL databases for optimal performance.
- Create, schedule, and administer database tasks as needed.
- Provide database-related support and assistance to IT development staff.
- Create and enforce standards to ensure data integrity and security.
- Design and implement efficient data structures and procedures in conjunction with development teams.
- Identify new and innovative ways to change existing procedural programming to enhance performance and functionality.
- Evaluate storage and processing capacity requirements for existing and proposed databases.
- Develop and implement appropriate database backup, recovery, archiving, and replication strategies.
- Mentor DBA staff.
- Participate in project planning. Provide estimates for database-related activities.
- Provide leadership in assisting development initiatives from requirement collection to completion.
Ideal Candidate has the following Skills and Experience
- Previous experience with the administration, performance monitoring, and tuning of large volume databases.
- Proven ability writing and optimizing SQL stored procedures, views, triggers, etc.
- Ability to conduct data analysis.
- Experience with logical and physical database modeling.
- Familiarity with database capacity planning.
- Experience with data warehouses and data marts including implementing OLAP in SSAS.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008
- Previous experience installing and supporting SSRS and SSIS
- Knowledge of operating system administration and database hardware planning.
- Experience working in a web-based development environment
- Ability to work effectively in a distributed collaborative team environment.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Bachelors degree or related equivalent experience
- Ability to travel internationally
Ipsos Makes a Difference
Our people see to that. We attract the best talent and serve the best clients. Ipsos offers a dynamic work environment where your talents are nurtured and your skills are enriched. We encourage initiative, innovation and risk-taking to further develop our business and our people. We are enthusiastic, confident and results oriented which is why our clients come to us. That’s what makes us proud to be Ipsos.
How to Apply
Interested in joining a premier organization committed to satisfying our clients beyond their expectations? Please submit a detailed resume that demonstrates you have the experience and abilities we are seeking by clicking the 'Apply Now' button below.
Ipsos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants; however only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
- Do you require sponsorship to work in the United States?